If you are responsible for your water utility you should be aware that leaks can cause:
Serious Economic Impact
- Water costs money
- Lost water = lost energy
- Un-checked leaks can lead to serious infrastructure damage
- Contaminants can be introduced to the water at leak sites
- Leaks are a waste of water
- Leaks are a waste of energy
- 30-50 % or water is lost through the average aging infrastructure.
- A 1/8″ hole in a water main can lose over 1 million gallons a year and create health concerns.
- Water utilities are one of the largest users of electricity in North America
How do I know if I have a leak?
The obvious symptoms show as apparent puddles, overall pressure drops, a full main break, water loss in a reservoir or just higher water usage.
Finding these leaks can be a real challenge. However we have the capabilities to quickly and cost effectively locate leaks that others cannot.
Our Leak Detection Equipment
We utilize the Echologics Leak-Finder ST equipment to locate leaks. This non-invasive specialized equipment automatically estimates the speed of sound in water pipes, producing an accurate location of leaks. The technology we use is capable or finding very quiet leaks that are often missed.
Our leak detection equipment works on a wide range of piping including:
- Plastic (PVC, PE, MDPE, HMDPE)
- Pre-Stressed Concrete Cylinder Pipe (PCCP) Asbestos Cement (AC)
- Ductile & Cast Iron (DI, CI) Steel